Malaysia is indeed one of the most affordable options in front of Indians when it comes to traveling abroad. The place is oozing with culture and has been the favorite of tourists for a long time. Malaysia’s famous tagline ‘Malaysia, Truly Asia’ is indeed a perfect fit considering the mix of cultures the country has.
When it comes to terrain, climate and people Indians would not find it unfamiliar because it resembles India a lot. There is a strong presence of the Indian community in the land and the country is blessed with beautiful coastlines, lush forests and many more.
There are plenty of affordable Malaysian tour packages offered by travel and tourism companies so that, you don’t have to burn a hole in your pocket. So why don’t you give it a shot?
Handy information about Malaysia
- Malaysia is divided into two by the south china sea. The peninsular Malaysia (or West Malaysia) on the Malay Peninsula and in the border they have Thailand on the north and Singapore in the south.
- Ringgit is the currency of Malaysia. 1 Malaysian ringgit is equal to 17.18 INR
- Since 2017 Malaysian government offers an online visa for both Indian and China citizens.
- It’s more convenient to apply via Malaysia eNTRI (The Electronic Travel Registration & Information) visa.
- Standard visa processing time once you apply through eNTRI system is 24 hours
- Cost of visa processing is USD 56.50you can also process your visa within 60 minutes if you pay USD 106.50
- You will get a 30 days entry into the country once your visa gets approval
- Hari Raya Aidilfitri is the traditional Muslim holiday celebrated at the end of June. If you come at that time you will get a lot of free treats
- Most of the areas in Malaysia are safe to travel however, keep away from the eastern Sabah area.
- The climate in Malaysia is humid but November/December brings on the “rainy season” until mid-February. So it’s advisable to avoid these months
7 Reasons why Malaysia is the best tourist destination for Indians
First of all, air ticket prizes to Malaysia cheaper than you have thought of. You will be amazed to see to and fro air packages that are available at the moment. When it comes to spending money inside the country. YOu will find it a bit more expensive than what you would normally spend in India if you are on a vacation. Considering Malaysia is an international tourist destination, it’s expected, right?
- How are the local people?
You will find it easy to travel inside Malaysia as people speak English and are one of their official languages. If you understand and speak Tamil it’s even better as Malaysia has very strong Tamil presence. People in Malaysia are usually warm when it comes to their approach to tourists. However, it’s better not to indulge in any kind of suspicious activity.
- Ultimate shoppers stop
Malaysia is very much affordable when it comes to shopping. A gold mine for shopping enthusiasts to be frank. From highly fashionable not so branded products to exclusive brands you name it Malaysia has it all.
- Duty-free islands
Malaysia has some stunning islands that serve as a retreat from the bustling cities. To top it all off, Some of the selected islands of Malaysia are tax-free. That means you can pile up a lot of your favorite food and drinks. However, you are not allowed to take it to the mainland.
If you ask anyone about the 10 best Islands in Malaysia they would name,
Among these islands, Langkawi, Tioman, and Labuan are tax-free zones of you are wondering.
One of the most splendid wild-life in the world
When we hear the term wild-life the first thing that comes to our mind is Amazon. Do you know that Malaysia has forests which are more than 130 million years old? Even the lush forests of Amazon is only 55 million years old. What makes Malaysian wildlife thriving with bio-diversity is that there is not much od exploitation happening compared to that of the Amazon.
- Delicious food
Food is something that most to us would be keen on exploring. When it comes to Malaysian food you are in for a gastronomical ride of a lifetime. Malaysian food a perfect blend of unique spices that can serve as a feast for your taste buds. Indians would find it easy to adapt to Malaysian food as both have many similarities. When you reach Malaysia you have to try this
- Nasi lemak
- Charsiew rice
- Tanjung Tualang Fresh River Prawns
- MEE KOLOK
- Nasi Kandar
- Roti canai
- Hokkien Mee
The list of delicious food doesn’t end there. However, since you will be only there in the country for a few days you have to try these 10 dishes at any cost.
- Malaysia is packed with adventures
Even Though beaches of Malaysia are indeed captivating, adventure is something that you can’t turn a blind eye on. There is a huge scope for you to try adventure sports in Malaysia.
Must try adventure sports in Malaysia are,
- Scuba Diving
- Paragliding, Kuala Kubu Baru
- Scuba Doo (Underwater Scooter), Kota Kinabalu
- Parasailing, Langkawi
- Tandem Skydiving
- Microlight, Kuala Lumpur
- White Water Rafting, Selangor
12 Do’s and don’t s in Malaysia
- Remember that you are in a Muslim country, in any case, Offering shake hands to a woman should be done carefully. However, you are good to give oner if she takes the initiative
- Wear appropriate clothes
- If you ever get a chance to visit holy places or even a home in Malaysia, make sure that you are left the shoes outside
- Make sure that you always have your essential travel documents while traveling inside the country.
- When monks, nuns or anyone with a holy stature enter you have to stand up to show your respect.
- Do not forget to convert your currency as soon as you arrive.
- Show extreme respect when you enter a Buddha temple
- Do not express too much affection towards your partner in the public.
- When you are in an argument do not point fingers
- Refrain from discussing politics or religion
- Topless sunbathing is prohibited
- Do not even think of placing your hand on the top of the head of Malay people
10 Must-See places in Malaysia
- Langkawi island – A renowned beach which can offer a lot of beach-related activities. However, you need at least one day to explore this island.
- Kuala Lumpur – Everyone knows about Kuala Lumpur. One of the biggest and bustling cities in Asia, Kuala Lumpur is a shoppers paradise
- Malacca – Reminensence of colonialism can be seen in this city. Malacca is famous for immersive maritime museums and the wide range of Indian, Malay and Chinese cuisines.
- Penang – Penang has a fascinating combination of eastern and western culture in its finest form. The city falls under UNESCO World Heritage designation.
- Borneo – A stunning wild forest that will serve as an escape if you get bored of the metropolis of Malaysia
- Cameron Islands – Tired of the tropical climate of Malaysia? This highlands can be the right choice for you
- Selangor – One of the most populated and developed cities in entire Malaysia. Apart from the wonders of the urban city, Selangor also has the famous Batu caves you can explore.
- Mount Kinabalu – One of the stunning sight you will ever see. That what mount Kinabalu will offer you.
- Boko National park – Pearly waters of south china sea awaits you on this island. Apart from that beautiful jungles and backcountry is another specialty of this place
- Genting Highlands Day Skyway Cable Car Ride – One of kind experience you will get in this hill station. You can either go as a group or alone. There are plenty of packages available that can suit your needs.
Malaysia has so many to offer that can quench the traveler in you. However, you might have kept away owing to various reasons. Talks to us we can clear all your doubts regarding rip to Malaysia.
We STS tours and travel offers a wide range of Malaysia tour packages that are affordable for you. So why the wait? Give us a call! We will take care of the rest.